There are six (SIX!) days until Christmas, and I'm beginning to feel the crafting pressure.
I've never done this many handmade gifts before - now that I'm out of school I have *so* much more free time to knit and sew. I really love the idea of going as handmade as possible, but since I only started in November (and have a huge family), concessions had to be made. In any case, here's the status update...
...fingerless gloves for sister R - DONE! Although I may steam-block them as suggested in the pattern because the tops are a bit wonky.
...aprons for sister B and bestie E - not even started. :/ They should be fast to sew up, although I did want to add a bib to E's...we'll see.
...lavender aromatherapy heat pack and chocolates for secret santa at work - DONE and gifted.
...fuzzy shawl for sister H - 90% done. Still needs to be a little longer.
...socks for mom - DONE. Granted, these were supposed to be for her birthday in June, but too bad.
...scrapbooky Christmas cards - mostly done and mailed. Still have a few more that have been waiting on addresses.
...potential project for sister A - not started. I've been toying with the idea of legwarmers for my aspiring ballerina youngest sister, but I'm not sure if those are actually going to happen.
Check back after the holidays for the final report!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment