Saturday, November 14, 2009

This weekend, I am...

...venturing out in the storm to attend a mandatory training. My shoes were soaked through within the first 5 minutes of standing on the train platform...not a great start to the day.

...enjoying myself at that training despite soggy feet - I ran into a college friend unexpectedly, which was lovely. Also, the promised free pizza at said training turned out to be from Bertucci's and utterly delicious!

...cozying up in bed with a package of double-stuff oreos, which I love even though my co-workers tease me about it.

...devouring several new books. I bought The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last weekend, and it's turning out to be delightful so far. I also got The Mists of Avalon out of the library this week, and I'm going to try to read the whole thing. I'm a little daunted by the size as well as the number of people I know who have given up partway through, but I'll do my best and report back!

...eagerly awaiting the arrival of several packages in the mail containing Christmas presents and, more importantly, the materials to make more Christmas presents. How, I ask you, am I supposed to start my gift knitting without the yarn???

No comments:

Post a Comment